Drupal in a Day with Chapter Three
This introductory one-day workshop touches on nearly every aspect of the core Drupal framework and covers many must-have modules. You'll learn best practices from industry professionals and create a sustainable framework for managing your content. By the end of the day you will have created a Drupal site that looks and functions much like any you’ll see on the web today.
You will learn:
- Basic setup and configuration
- Administration tools that improve usability
- Creating, editing and moderating content
- Changing the way types of content display
- Using the Menu system to customize navigation
- Simple ways to make your site search-friendly
- Categorizing content using the taxonomy system
- Adjusting theme settings and changing themes
- Adding users, creating roles and assigning permissions
Site you will build: http://diad.training.chapterthree.com
Pre-requisites: An active interest in learning about Drupal, a basic understanding of the Internet, familiarity with how websites function, and a conceptual understanding of Content Management Systems (CMS). Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is helpful but not required.